Kindle Kids is purpose-built for reading (not as a toy). It has an all-black and white glare-free screen and a battery that lasts for weeks. It’s different from tablets because it’s designed to read books—no ads, games or videos, which means no distractions.
With the year-long subscription included in Amazon Kids+, kids can explore the most popular series and titles. After one year, your membership will automatically renew each month, starting at $2.99/month plus tax if applicable. You can change your mind by visiting your Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
Amazon Kids+ comes with the entire Harry Potter series and the first book of other popular series, such as Artemis Fowl. Parents can buy additional books through Amazon’s Kindle Store.
You can take the library on the go. Kindle Kids holds over a thousand Amazon Kids+ titles and offers several weeks in battery time.
This Time, it’s with Audible. Connect with Bluetooth audio headphones or some speakers and listen to your story. Be aware that the Amazon Kids+ app may only be used in the USA.
It’s reading Time, not screen time.
It is ideal for beginners and experienced readers of chapter books; Kindle Kids is designed exclusively for reading, so there are no distractions from videos, apps or games.
Stories that kids love reading
From timeless classics like The Boxcar Children to the most popular series like Harry Potter, Kindle Kids offers books that instil a love for reading. With a year’s subscription to Amazon Kids+, your child can access books that span various reading levels, including these best books. More books are also accessible through the Kindle Store.
The kid was tested, and the parent has approved.
Set goals for your child’s education and manage the content of your child using simple parental controls. With Parent Dashboard, you can alter age-specific filters and add books for your child’s library, read progress reports, and much more.
Additionally, since Kindle Kids is designed only to read In Amazon Kids (FreeTime), kids are not able to access internet access, Internet as well as social media.
Read to the next level.
Kindle Kids includes tools to assist children in tackling more challenging books.
Vocabulary Builder Words searched within the dictionary built into it are added automatically to the Vocabulary Builder, which generates flash cards users can play to study the definitions and meanings of words.
Word Wise Word Wise, available in various English languages, the short and easy definitions are automatically displayed over difficult words so children can read with fewer interruptions. The number of hints revealed can be altered with the simple slider.
Read the story along with you.
In conjunction with Audible, Kindle Kids lets your child seamlessly switch between listening and reading using headphones or Bluetooth-enabled speakers. With a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+, children can access thousands of Audible books such as Beauty and the Beast and Peter Pan.
Notice: Kindle devices don’t support Immersion Reading. That lets you listen to and read the text highlighted. Find out more about Immersion Reading.
One subscription. Unlimited possibilities.
The identical Amazon Kids+ subscription can be utilized with any device that supports it, including Kindle tablets, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Echo, iOS and Android devices. It is possible to access to the Amazon Kids+ content experience will differ based on the devices. Children can enjoy thousands of books for kids’ games, educational apps, movies, and television shows.
- Display The display of Amazon’s six inches, with next-generation E-paper, built-in light with 167 PPI, optimized font technology and 16 levels of grayscale.
- Format: 6.4 inches x 4.7 inches x 0.5 inches (162 x 1 x 14 millimeters).
- Weight: 10.2 OZ (288g) Actual size and weight can vary depending on the configuration and manufacturing process.
- System requirements: Absolutely no; it’s wireless and does not require computers to download content.
- In-Device Storage 8GB capacity; can hold more than 1000 Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited) books.
- Cloud Storage Cloud storage is free for any Amazon content.
- The battery life is One charge can last approximately 4 (4) weeks depending on the one-half hour of reading each day when wireless is turned off, Bluetooth off, and the brightness setting set at 13. The battery life can vary depending on the grounds for light and wireless use. Audiobook streaming via Bluetooth can reduce the battery’s life.
- Charging Time Full charge in approximately 4 hours with a 5W power adapter or computer using a USB cable.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity Supports both public and private Wi-Fi hotspots or networks that utilize the 802.11b, the g or n standards, with the ability to support WEP, WPA and WPA2 security with password authentication and Wi-Fi Protected Settings (WPS).
- Accessibility features: Amazon has the possibility of adjusting the size of fonts, font faces lines, line spacing and margins. Click here for more information about accessibility features for Kindle. Accessibility features specific to accessibility, such as VoiceView, aren’t accessible for Kindle Kids.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3) and the Kindle (AZW) TXT PDF, MOBI unprotected PRC natively HTML DOC, GIF, DOCX, JPEG PNG, PMP conversion and audio format (coming soon) (coming shortly) Audio formats (AAX).
- Inside the box: Cover, Kindle USB 2.0 charger cable, and the Quick Start Guide.
- Age: Seven and older.
- Generation The Kindle 10th Gen – released in 2019.
- Software Security updates: It is regular updates to software security up to a minimum of four years after the date when the device was last sold as a brand new unit on our sites. Learn more about these security updates. If you already have a Kindle or other Kindle device, go to Manage Your Content and Devices for details specific to the device you own.
Frequently Asked Questions
1: What is the Parent Dashboard?
The Parent Dashboard helps parents maximize the benefits of Kindle Kids. You can change the filters for age, add books to the library for your child, Set daily reading goals, monitor your child’s progress with reading, and more.
What books are available on Amazon Kids+?
Amazon Kids+ comes with the entire Harry Potter series and the first book in other popular series like Artemis Fowl. We’re constantly adding new books to Amazon Kids+. Amazon Kids+ library, including these top titles and newly added titles. Children can browse the library by looking for specific titles and author names and browse through categories like Popular Books, New Books and many more.
How can I get access to even more Books?
Amazon Kids+ provides access to books that cover a wide range of reading levels. It also will automatically filter what your child reads according to their age. For a more extensive range of titles, head through the Parent Dashboard to adjust the age filter within your child’s profile settings. Parents can buy additional titles through Amazon’s Kindle Store and add the tags to their profile through Parent Dashboard.
What is Kindle Kids distinct from the tablet?
Kindle Kids is purpose-built to be used for reading and comes with an all-black and white glare-free screen and long battery life. It performs differently than a tablet because it’s geared for reading books – no games, ads, or videos mean zero distractions. Shipping Weight: 0.49kg